The Best Crockpot AIP Chili
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by KC Naturals but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
4 teaspoons lard
1 pound ground beef (organic)
1 medium onion, diced
1 jar No Tomato Pasta Sauce from KC Naturals (my fave)
2 large sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp parsley (optional)
Ripe Avocado (optional for topping)
Fresh Cilantro (optional)
1. Saute ground beef in pan until fully cooked.
2. Chop up sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes, put in on the bottom of the crockpot.
3. Add diced onions into crockpot along with spices, olive oil, water and no tomato sauce.
4. Once ground beef is fully cook put on top, give a good stir to mix evenly.
5. Turn crockpot on high for 4 hours, you are mostly looking for sweet potatoes to be fully cooked. When a fork goes in easily to the sweet potatoes, you know they are finished.
Serves 4 with generous portions. Top with avocado and cilantro if desired.
**If you aren’t strictly following AIP you can always and 1 can of black beans, or 1-2 cups of cooked beans, for the last 30 minutes in the crockpot.
Also, tons of you ask me about how I feed my children. Here is a plate of my daughter’s food, she’s 4. I usually just separate it out for her and she eats what we eat.